Become a Member of BATS Options
BATS Options membership and market share continue to grow. Become a Member and experience the benefits of trading with BATS. Qualification and signing details are below.
Members must be an approved Member of BATS Exchange. Visit the BATS Exchange Membership page for information on how to become a Member.
Note: The steps set out below can be completed separately or in parallel. For any additional assistance, please contact any BATS sales team member.
Complete and sign the following documents and send them with any other required documentation to Membership Services.
- BATS Options Membership Application & Agreements
- BATS Options Attribution Addendum
- BATS Options Market Maker Application - this is not required for membership to BATS Options. It is only for companies acting as Market Makers.
You should also review the Rule Book and Market Guide, which include policies, procedures and technology used by BATS Options.
Firms can connect to BATS Options directly or via a service provider. To learn about connectivity to BATS Options, click the documents below.
- Connectivity Manual - network connectivity options
- FIX Specification - orders using FIX format
- Market Data Feeds - free and value added BATS Options market data feeds
If you trade via a service bureau (ex. Lava, Sterling, Fidessa, BRASS etc.), please return an executed copy of the Service Bureau Agreement, countersigned by your Service Bureau.
After your connection to BATS Options is established, you'll place your first trade to verify the clearing. Then, you're ready to enjoy the low-cost, high-speed trading BATS Options provides.